Asher rolled over all by himself for the first time last night and he's been rolling over a lot ever since. Grandma Karen has been working really hard on teaching him to roll over and he finally got it! He gave us a big scare this afternoon though. I put him in his crib to take a nap and we heard him crying a while later. I heard the crying get harder and harder and thought he was just crying because he woke up. I walked in and saw his face smashed against the railing of the crib and his leg and arm were hanging out of the crib. He had put his leg through the crib spindles and wedged his thigh so tight he couldn't get it back out. I tried getting him out but he screamed louder and louder when I touched his leg. I panicked and yelled for Cody and Cody finally go him free. Asher wouldn't stop crying after so I made him a bath to make him calm down. His poor leg was really red from the ordeal but it doesn't look like it's going to bruise. We tested the width of the spindles to make sure they're to code and they are. He just better not do that again - it was scary.
Anyway....Asher was rolling over so much last night that he got tired actually fell asleep while in the process. We got some cute pics to share (and yes, he's smiling in his sleep in one of the pictures - so cute).


3 comments:
Knowing you...you just made up the crib scare for an excuse to keep letting Asher sleep with you. j/k That sounds really scary and I'm just glad that he is OK and calmed down! Give him a love for me!!
Just had to come look at this cutie and his button nose once more before I go to sleep....
I think each of my kids did that at least once. Olivia was so skinny, she didn't get stuck but I'd find her sound asleep with an arm and a leg hanging through the rails! Harrison got stuck more times than I can count. You'll be amazed at how he'll wear himself out trying all of the new things he'll learn. Just keep enjoying it!
Post a Comment