The Smiths

Monday, September 1, 2008

Tiffany and Adam's Wedding Weekend














































This weekend was definitely filled with it's ups and downs. We flew out early Saturday morning to go to Tiffany and Adam's wedding in Oregon. We spent all day Saturday with our friends Jeremy, Whittney, and baby Madsen. Madsen is sooo cute! I can't believe we forgot to get a picture of him. Madsen is 5 months older but he and Asher will be in the same grade when they're older.

Saturday night, we drove to Cassie and Paul's in Vancouver and attended a BBQ with our family and Adam's. We had a blast and the fruit bowl Cassie created was AMAZING. Job well done, Cassie! After we ate, the Evans family got a little out of control (like always) and started doing some crazy pictures. I was able to capture a few pictures on my own camera.

Saturday night we headed back to Oregon to our hotel and tried swimming with Asher. The pool was way too cold so we rushed Asher back upstairs and put him in a warm bath to warm him up. We wouldn't have been able to do the fun swimming pool experience with him anyway because my wound started hurting again. I guess I'm still not cleared to swim yet.

We got up early Sunday morning and headed out for the wedding. We drove to The Grand Lodge and saw a beautiful area set up outside for the ceremony and reception. The ceremony was perfect and Tiffany looked beautiful. I loved everything she picked for the wedding. The dress was perfect, the site was perfect, the flowers were perfect, the brides maid's dresses and men's tux's were perfect.

Everyone enjoyed great food and dancing during the reception and we all had a lot of fun in the photo booth. It started to rain and got too cold for Asher so Cody and I had to skip out a little ealry to get him back to the hotel.

Sunday night, I drove back to Cassie and Paul's with Asher while Cody went out with our friends. While we were all talking around the dinner table, Grandma Maxine became violently ill and passed out. We called 911 and I was just hysterical. It was so painful and heartbreaking to see my grandmother ill and I couldn't keep myself together. When the ambulance got there, they gave her an IV and put her on a stretcher to go to the hospital. My mom went with my grandma in the ambulance and my dad and brother-in-law went to the hospital shortly after. We all stayed at Cassie's house to hear what was going on. At first they thought it was food poising but later found out she had a horrible viral infection that she'd contracted before even traveling to Oregon and Washington. We were so glad she was with us when she became ill so we could get her to the hospital right away.

The hospital wouldn't release my grandma to fly so my dad flew back with my grandma Clara alone. My mom is still in Vancouver with Grandma Maxine and they're hoping to leave Tuesday afternoon. They'll have to drive back since my grandma can't fly. Grandma Maxine is going to stay at my mom and dad's so they can keep an eye on her to make sure her medicine is working. I feel so bad for her and wish there was something I could do. I wish I could've stayed to be with her and tell her how much I love her.
We flew back this afternoon and just arrived home a couple hours ago. Asher is dead tired and fell asleep well before his bedtime (I didn't even get a chance to give him his bath). I'll be going back to work tomorrow for a VERY busy work day and Cody will be staying home with Asher since mom is still in Washington with my grandma. I hope they make it home okay.


















2 comments:

Denice said...

I LOVE the picture of Asher snuggling up to Cody...you should print and frame it! I went with mom and Cassie to pick Grandma up at the hospital and she had the nurses laughing..definately back to her spunky self! She was doing SO much better...even more chipper than she was before she got sick. I'm glad you made it home OK and I will post my pics tonight. Love you!!

Melinda said...

So good to see you! Hope we didn't overwhelm the baby. He's so fun! I think the happiest I saw him all weekend was when he was rolling around in bed that morning. He really enjoys being with his mom and dad!