The Smiths

Thursday, October 23, 2008

He's a Seven Monther Now

I'm late to report that Asher turned 7 months old on October 13th. How he's doing at 7 months:

He's a very GOOD baby. He still doesn't nap AT ALL. Grandma Karen can get him to take a nap during the day but the most he'll take for his mom and dad on the weekends is a 20 minute nap. He usually goes strong the entire day with a 10 minute nap to get him by. But he's cheerful and happy up until bed time.

He can say ma, mom, mama, grandpa, I love you, boo, bah bah, bottle, woof, and some others I can't think of right now.

He's eating meats now and the doctor thought he was ready for hard food but he gagged when we gave it to him a few weeks ago so we're going to hold off a little longer.

He's in 18 month clothing (because he's tall). The sleeves have to be rolled up but the torso fits him perfectly.

He's mobile. He can roll over and over and over again to get around (he even has enough strength to roll himself up-hill). He also scoots backwards to get places.

He's drinking out of sippie cups! Luckily he forgot what a binky was 4 months ago and I think it's going to be a really easy transition from the bottle to the sippie cup.

He's super cute still! In fact, he's so cute that our dog, Wolfie, has a crush on him. Wolfie's been caught humping him twice.

Well that's about it for now. His 8 month birthday is just around the corner!

5 comments:

Ligia said...

He fits in 18 month clothing?!?! Holy Smokes! He's growin' up fast!

Denice said...

I always thought Wolfie might be gay... :)

I can't believe Asher is so big already! As for the lack of weekend naps..just think that he just wants to get in plenty of quality time with you. :) Give him a BIG love for me!!

Bethany said...

My mom and sisters and I were at "Grandma Carol's" while she was watching Asher. What a doll! I loved seeing him. Congrats on making it 7 months!

Deborah said...

Ah, Wolfie. I'm sure if I had a baby around, Fiona would be humping it as well. :) I love little Asher...thanks for blessing me with such an amazing nephew!! Love you all.

Tamera said...

I must not be very exciting because he goes right to sleep as I hold him when I play hookie from work! He was so cute the other day. I played with him for awhile and then he fell sound asleep after I fed him his bottle. He's a little stinker though ... he refused to hold the bottle himself. He is growing up so quickly and is such a cutie.