The Smiths

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Baby Senya




I'm sorry that it took me so long to post the news! We had to wake up really early yesterday morning for the ultrasound appointment so by the time we got home last night, the whole family crashed......

We arrived to the ultrasound appointment early because there was literally zero traffic on the way to the doctor's office. By the time our appointment came around, the doctor still hadn't arrived to work. 20 minutes later, the lab tech came and told us he had a minor crisis and was running a little late. At this point, I didn't know how much longer I could keep the full bladder they asked me to come with. But at 8:25, as my eyes started to fill up with a yellowish substance, the doctor arrived and brought us in.
I was so excited to start the ultrasound that Cody had to remind all of us we wanted a dvd of the ultrasound. They warned us that the dvd player hadn't been working but luckily our dvd worked.

The doctor started by measuring the baby's brain and other parts to get an exact due date. (They're sticking to November 6th as the 40 week due date but we figure she's coming in October sometime). After the brain checked out, he checked the heart. Heart looked normal. After checking some other things, he went straight for the money shot.

The baby was in the perfect position and he proceeded to tell us we were going to be having a baby girl. WHAT?!? We were in shock! I had a huge smile on my face and I started crying. I just couldn't believe it was a girl for some reason. I asked him to check again, which he did. I asked him to check behind her bum cheeks to make sure nothing was hiding, which he claims he did. I asked him how sure he was that it was a girl and he basically told us he was willing to bet his life on it.
Wow....a little baby girl. I immediately ran for the bathroom and then we each called our moms. I then had to go into work mode for the rest of the day and had to put her pictures in my purse to make sure I wouldn't just stare at them all day. After Cody picked me up from work, we stopped at my mom's to get our much-loved baby boy and showed her the dvd. Then we drove straight to Cody's parents to go to dinner and talk about the news!

Cody's mom surprised us with some cute girl clothes! When she heard the news, she couldn't resist going to the store to get a cute set of pink heart & flower onesies and a little romper outfit.

We are very happy and excited to meet our little Senya in October!


3 comments:

Deborah said...

YAY!!! That was very sweet of Carol to go buy you some pink clothes. :) I can't wait for little Senya to get here!

Denice said...

I can't wait to meet her and to see Asher with her!! He is going to be the cutest big brother!! Call me when you get a chance....I have to go change a poopie diaper now. :)

Tamera said...

How fun! Carol is a very sweet Grandma. I'm glad they are as excited for your family as we are.