The Smiths

Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Wheels



Check out our new wheels! We traded in my Suzuki Aerio for a new car. Cody is now the proud owner of a brand new 2009 Kia Borrego and I am the proud owner of Cody's 2009 Kia Sportage that we bought last October.
We weren't planning on buying a new car today. I was looking forward to planting flowers this weekend but couldn't fit them in my sedan. I asked Cody if I could borrow his car to go get flowers and he told me he didn't want me putting flowers in his new SUV. My thoughts were, "Well if I can't use Cody's SUV to get flowers, I'll just go buy my own d*m# SUV". So a few hours later, here we are.
I prefer to commute daily in the smaller SUV so that's why I'm getting the Sportage and Cody's getting the Borrego. It's an exciting day but also a very sad day. I LOVED my Suzuki Aerio. The poor thing just wasn't big enough for my expanding family. If anyone wants an awesome running 2006 sedan that has less than 50,000 miles on it, go to Doug Smith Autoplex in American Fork. It's the blue beauty with my lip marks and tears still on the driver's side door.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

How exciting! I feel less guilty about my impulse purchases this weekend. They don't compare to a new car. Have fun with it! Hope you get to do the gardening you wanted to, too. I'm sure your yard is beautiful.

Karen said...

WOW! I also thought the highlight of your weekend was going to be planting flowers - I'm surprised!! Can't wait to see it. Congratulations. Enjoy.

Tamera said...

I'm excited for you - I'm sure you'll appreciate the extra space. It will be nice for carting bikes and strollers too. I've loved mine ... I'm sure Cody will enjoy it too.

Denice said...

Congrats Meg..so glad you have your own d*m@ SUV! The kids will love having the extra space and now I won't come close to hitting Asher's head on the roof when I put him in his seat. :)